The St Joseph’s School Advisory Council meets once a term. The council operates under the Diocese of Armidale Catholic School Advisory Council Constitution. The role of the School Advisory Council is to support the mission of Catholic Education in the school by working with the Principal and Parish Priest to provide guidance and support to the wider school community. The principal has the responsibility for the day to day leadership and management of the school.
The School Advisory Council has responsibility to advise in the following areas:
- Development of the Catholic Identity, Ethos and Mission of the school;
- The pastoral care strategies in the school community;
- Promotion of the school in the local community;
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget;
- Ensuring compliance of school committees such as the PT & F Committee;
- Development of local strategic plans for buildings & maintenance;
- Facilitating school community responses to Government funding;
- The preparation and publication to the parish and school community of an Annual School Advisory Report;
- Parent engagement in student learning;
- The provision of opportunities for parents for social, community and parish interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
|Parish Priest||Father Vince|